Re: upgrading 6 to 7

[The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
 This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.]

From: "Sean Brierley" <seanb_us@yahoo.com>
> --- Carla Martinek <copper@martinek.us> wrote:
> > The software fairy just unexpectedly deposited the
> > 7.0 box on my desk with instructions to upgrade!!
> > Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of what we need to
> > look for (I remember something about a patch, some
> > printing issues), etc.
>
> Other than [the two FM7 downloads], no issues.

I don't think that's quite true. There are apparently several
problems with imported TIFF images (and possibly other formats)
that will lead to gray boxes in ways that are clearly bugs.
I've heard that Adobe is working on a solution.

There are also new bugs introduced in the standard templates,
which may have been corrected in one of the patches.

Also see http://www.microtype.com/resources/FMbugs.html
which describes other bugs still in FM7 after the patches.