Re: PDF is wrong size

For our home audience ...

To summarize what is going on here ...

There is a bug in FrameMaker under Windows (all versions) in which
the combination of high declared device resolution and large media
size cause printing to either fail, content to be missing, and/or
the wrong size output to be produced.

This is one of the two reasons (the other being a Windows bug as
opposed to a FrameMaker bug) that I normally advise use of the
600 dpi setting for the Acrobat Distiller printer instance. In this
case, though, the media size was so large, that failure occurred
even with 600 dpi. Apparently 300 dpi (the lowest I would ever
advise) got around the problem.

Also, when using "save as PDF" (FrameMaker 7 only), FrameMaker is
able to set a dynamic custom page size for the driver to use
when creating PostScript. This doesn't happen when explicitly
printing to a printer driver instance. In that case, you must
define a custom size via the "forms" mechanism of Windows 2000/XP
and select that newly-defined custom form.

        - Dov

*

*

*