Re: front matter file in book file

One thing I do is import *all* pgf formats from all possible templates
in the book into the first document file in the book.  This is
especially an issue when I have different catalogs/templates for
different parts of the book (front, body, appendix, index, etc.).  At
this stage of my life, I wonder if it isn't superstition, but...

I believe Maker uses the formats in the first file of the book to build
lists of things like formats you can include in generated lists and
formats you can use for PDF bookmarks.  So if the format isn't in your
cover document, you will have bookmark problems.

Does this help???

cud