Rate Survey

Friends-

I hope this isn't gauche, but... I've been downsized and I'm already
planning to open my own doc shop.

What do you contractor folks charge by the hour?

Any preferred discounts to peers, professional associates? Big job
discounts?

I'm just trying to get a handle on what's reasonable and customary for our
profession.

I'd really appreciate any tips or advice anyone might have for doing this
right. I've been a technical writer for over 17 years but always as an
employee.

You folks are the best! Thanks.

Warmest Regards,
Michael L. Tatro
Documentation Manager/Webmaster (until 12/31/01)
VSI - An Esker Company
Voice	(949) 462-2247
Fax	(949) 462-3347
Email	tatro@vsi.com