RE: Index Palette in Reader

Shlomo wrote:

> Using the Index entries paragraphs themselves as bookmarks does not
> make much sense, as they will take the readers to the index entry in
> the index page rather than to the location of the actual information.

True, that's not what I intended to achieve or meant to imply. Thanks for
pointing that out.

You mentioned using TimeSavers to add marker entries to the Bookmarks.
That's not exactly what I want to do either. Is there any way to add an
extra palette to the PDF so that it can be viewed by Reader? Then I could
use something like TimeSavers to add the index marker entries (or whatever
markers) to the other palette.

I guess what I'm trying to get Reader to act like is more HTML Help, where
the Index is always visible and the topic shows up on the left. But I still
want PDF rather than HTML Help.

Thanks
Steve Brooks
BISYS