Re: New To Frame - Compiling Books to a single manual

Sohrab:

> [...] I have  a project that comprises
> of a number of User Guides each with its own TOC and Index and Page
> [...] The "powers that be" want to
> put these into one manual [...].  The
> Manual will have a master TOC, Index  and Glossary.
>
> I am using FM 6.0.  I am creating each Guide as seperate book having a
> number of files.  My question is how do I put all this together into one
> Book so that Frame can create a Master TOC and Index?  Adding Books
within
> a Master Book does not help and I would like to avoid transfering about a
> hundred files into one master book.

Transferring a hundred files is easy.  You probably think you have to use
the
Add > Files menu option one hundred times.

Instead, do this.  Create a new master book.  Open up all your User Guide
books.
In one of the User Guide books, select all the files to be included in the
master book.  Then Control-drag them to the master book.  The selected
files
are copied to your new master book.  Repeat for all your other User Guides.
Two minutes work, tops.

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 6.0p405, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558