RE: Windows 200 and funny characters

In my ancient research on Win (Pre-2000) print drivers, using AdobePS 4.3.1 caused some EPS files to choke unless the "portability" setting was set. I think that waaay back in AdobePS 4.2.6 days there was also an advantage to having "portability" set.

Nowadays, using the modern printer drivers and Win 2000, I agree with Dov: go for speed, baby, speed. Many third party applications, such as Shlomo Perets' TimeSavers, are engineered to work with the PS output generated via the "speed" process.

Just pushin' speed over portliness,
J-krayzee PS Jammah Templah Framah

>>> "Dov Isaacs" <isaacs@Adobe.COM> 06/05/01 10:54AM >>>
At Adobe we know of absolutely NO application or situation in which
the "portability" option for PostScript makes one bit of difference
in terms of fixing any problems whatsoever. It can result in highly
bloated PostScript files. Avoid the option; it buys absolutely NOTHING!