Font Issue

Well it looks like I have fixed a problem that has been really flakely with
our books for some time now. I am posting in hope of a further reality check
and as a means of hopefully understanding a bit more of the problems we have
had.

The problem was that in some of our chapters (occasionally) in some of the
left page running headers, the text in the header would print (independent
of printer instance) to be 2pt smaller than what was on the master page. One
of the especially screwing things was that it usually occured on page 6 and
nowhere else. Only a left and right master were defined in the template.

I discovered (though tortures of experiments) that if I changed the font of
the tabs in the left column of the left page I could consistanty make the
problem go away.

The font was Futura Bk BT. If I changed it to Arial everything was ok.

My understanding was that Futura Bk BT is a postscript font and I shouldn't
be having these weird TrueType font -like problems.

My question is: Why has Futura Bk BT been giving me these very flakey
problems? Any ideas?

FrameMaker 5.5.6
Windows NT 4.0
Postscript 5.1.2 (105)