Re: converting Frame to down-level HTML

On Fri, 25 May 2001 09:00:34 -0700, "Deborah Snavely"
<dsnavely@aurigin.com> wrote:

>2. MIF2GO has worked for some people including some one-man shops (and
>Hedley is at least on the same continent as you). I'm hoping to grasp
>how to make it work for me in future now that the new user's guide has
>been released, but I stopped spending my time on it a couple of months
>ago after I found that my carefully limited-scope conversion didn't
>preserve x-ref links in output files.

Very odd; we've never had a problem with converting xref and hyperlinks
in Frame into <a name=..> and <a href=...> in HTML and XHTML.  It even
works correctly for links to files in other books, where the remote
file has been split for HTML... no small accomplishment.  And there
are thousands of people using it every day... literally.

We hope the new User Guide helps flatten out the learning curve... ;-)
You can download a whole sample installation that includes it (but
*don't* do that if you're a registered user!), or just the doc (in
WinHelp and/or PDF format), from:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download
(read message.txt there first), or:
  ftp://ftp.omsys.com/pub/download