Save As HTML , 5.5.6 versus 6.0

I need to prepare simple online help from existing 'how to' topics.
The Help viewer is a browser widget that is 'frozen' at a fairly old
version of HTML. No-one is sure exactly what version -- it supports
the basics such as links, lists, tables and images, but not a lot
more.

Having little experience with HTML I've been dabbling with Save As
HTML in Frame 5.5.6. The results so far aren't very good, meaning
that I can't automate enough and must do too much editing of the
generated HTML. Two examples:
- I want to map some graphics (buttons) but not others (screen shots)
- I have many table-like paragraphs. In Frame they're implemented as
  paragraphs with a character-tagged phrase, then a tab, then the
  definition of the phrase. It appears I can only map Frame tables
  to HTML tables and Frame paragraphs to HTML paragraph tags.

I have 6.0 but have not needed to install it yet. My questions are:
- Are the HTML facilities in 6.0 much better than those in 5.5.6?

- Is it simply that 5.5.6 has an older version of WebWorks Standard?

- Is it possible to specify a target HTML version, such as "Save As
  HTML 3.0"?

To sum up I guess I'm hoping for more sophisticated facilities that
will help me to produce less sophisticated HTML.

Thanks
---
Stuart Burnfield
Gentoo Communications