Farewell to Mif2Go sample files

To all those who have sent us sample files in the
last few months, our sincere apologies.  We have
been unable to run your samples, or even to respond
in any helpful fashion until now.

We'd like to explain.  In the last year, we've lost
three staff members from the sample-file processing
position.  Two left, and one will no longer do them.
Unfortunately this position takes some time to train
for; it requires a FrameMaker expert who can grasp
the essence of what a very large number of different
Frame users are trying to do.  It also takes a person
familiar with *all* aspects of Mif2Go, far beyond what
a normal user would ever need to know.  And with the
increasing interest we've seen in Mif2Go, the workload
is almost too much for one expert...

We've considered several different solutions to this
problem since the last person signed off in February.
I've personally run a few, but that's a very poor use
of my time, especially when we were also getting a new
User Guide out, and the TW had a thousand questions...
Not to speak of the ongoing enhancements that take up
most of my day (and night).  ;-)

We finally decided to take the risk of releasing a
public sample version of Mif2Go.  It differs from the
fully-licensed production product in that it randomly
alters the text in the file, substituting different
words often enough to make "correcting" it infeasible.
We hope.  We still refuse to use any copy protection,
as we won't deprive licensed users of their right to
use the software under any conditions (such as failure
of the registered computer system hardware).  So this
method should permit everyone to try out Mif2Go on
their own documents, while not cannibalizing our sales
(which would inevitably lead to dropping the product).

So you can now collect the file samp33u03.zip, with
the full sample version, from our Web site at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download
or our ftp site (faster) at:
  ftp://ftp.omsys.com/pub/download
which have identical content.

If you have any questions about Mif2Go capabilities,
please refer to the new, complete User Guide which is
included in the samp33u03.zip in WinHelp format.  If
you prefer PDF, that's available as ugpdf02.zip.  And
if you still have questions after checking the User
Guide (which has a really good index, and full-text
search in WinHelp), write us again at info@omsys.com.

Again, we apologize for the long but unavoidable delay
in responding to you.  Thank you for your interest in
Mif2Go!

--
Jeremy H. Griffith                        jeremy@omsys.com
VP, Software Development             http://www.omsys.com/