Re: Graphics DPI, FrameMaker, & Acrobat troubles

Thomas,

Your step (5) is useful only for the purpose of fooling FrameMaker
into choosing an initial size for the EPS file's frame. You should
make sure of course that in fact no resampling or interpolation is
done at that point. You can also uniformly scale the EPS file's frame
once imported into FrameMaker. The choice is obviously up to the user.
The use of a program such as SnagIt is necessary only if it provides
some added value beyond the built-in capabilities of Windows. If
all you want or need is to grab a Window or the entire screen as is,
it buys nothing. Make sure though that SnagIt (or any of its compatriots)
do not do any modification to the "bits" in terms of resampling).

        - Dov

*

*