Re: Watermark Postscript code

Charles Dowdell asked:

>Where can I find a nice bit of postscript code to include a nice draft stamp
>diagonally across each of our book pages?

At my last job, I did this with a variable on the master page instead.
To do this, create a background frame, positioned where you want
the watermark text.  I rotated mine by about 45 degrees.  Then in
the frame, I created a paragraph called Watermark with the characteristics
I wanted.  To make the text flexible, I also created a variable called
Watermark.  For review releases, I put "alpha," "beta," or the review
date in the value of the variable.  For customer releases, I used just
a space, so no watermark was visible.

Feel free to modify this process to meet your needs.  Remember
to copy the watermark text frame to all master pages where you
want the custom text to appear.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances with Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
  If I am only for myself, what am I?
  If not now, when?"
         --Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"