Re: QUESTION: PDF Best Practices talk on web?

Joe,

You wrote:

>I'm a list lurker, but I've found your notes pertinent and helpful. I'd
>really appreciate it if your talk in Baltimore on PDF best practices could
>be posted on the web. Will that be possible?

This has to be checked with the conference organizers, see
http://www.pdfconference.com for contact info.

Based on my experience, however, presentation slides may be
very different in scope/nature/details than real presentations
with live examples, discussion etc. This is especially true in my
presentations which include demonstrations of numerous PDFs
and document collections.

If this is relevant, I offer the following two courses over the internet:

* Designing Access to Information in PDF Document Collections
(not FrameMaker-specific):
How to plan your PDFs wisely, making the most of Acrobat capabilities.

* PDF Quality Assurance (not FrameMaker-specific)
(includes one license for Ari's Link Checker, Dionis):
What can go wrong and how to test your PDFs

[ Notice also that a "PDF 2001 West" conference is planned for
late October/early November in Scottsdale, Arizona ]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat: SP TimeSavers / Advanced Techniques Course / Solutions