Re: Optimize files in FM6...and feature request

Great information, Lee. Thanks for adding this and for correcting my
earlier guesswork.

How about a feature request for the Acrobat side of things? Regarding Named
Destinations, it would be great to be able to use them as command line
options, the way they're used as HTML options.

On the HTML side, it's a terrific feature. You can open a PDF file from a
web page with the syntax:

   http://stuff/myfile.pdf#dest

But you can't do that from the acroread, etc., command line.

Why does it matter (he asks rhetorically)? Because one important way to use
a PDF help system is to allow the Help button in a group of tools to open
the appropriate book -- say, Tools.pdf -- and then to turn to the page for
that tool.

There are tons of good ways to use that feature, once it's available. The
need is the same as the need in HTML. And the lack of command line
capability is a design flaw that could easily be corrected, I think.

So the request -- maybe someone inside Adobe, who cares much about the
Frame-PDF-helpsystem connection, could bend the ear of the Acrobat
developers with this one? Just a thought...

Best,

Tom Neuburger
www.twelfthnight.com