Re: Default font properties

At 10:29 AM 4/24/01 -0400, Mitchell, Sue wrote:
>I am developing an addin that will change certain texts that have a specific
>character tag back to the default font.  I am using F_ApiGetNamedObject in
>order to get the id of the default font and then using F_ApiGetProps to get
>it's properties to then apply to the selected text.  My problem is that I
>cannot figure out what the 'name' of  Default ¶ Font.  No problem getting
>Emphasis or any of the other character formats in the list I just can't get
>the default... when I go through the list of CharFmt's in the doc there is
>no default font, so how do you apply it?  does anyone know how to do so???

Sue,
  As you've probably realized by now, the default paragraph font is not
a character format in the character catalog. To apply it to selected text
with the FDK, you need to access the paragraph format of the current
paragraph, retrieve its individual default font properties and apply them
to the selected text.
	--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.