Re: PDF problem: Acrobat display

Thomas,

I am going to go out "on a limb" with this one. My gut feel
is that during distillation, you have some type of color
management turned on. With FrameMaker documents, you should
set your Distiller job options to "Leave color unchanged".
You want NO conversions to managed color since FrameMaker
doesn't really it and your would otherwise need to change
the rest of your workflow to support it.

Acrobat versus Acrobat Reader? Acrobat supports color
management and looks at that information. Acrobat Reader
doesn't.

Anyway, the bottom line is that unless you are FULLY setup
to deal with color management from the application, display,
and the output side, make sure that the Distiller options
preclude any conversions to managed color workspaces.
Also, make sure that no images or artwork coming into
FrameMaker, either via Photoshop EPS or Illustrator 9.0x
EPS have "PostScript color management" turned on.

        - Dov

*