From: Barry Meislin [mailto:barrym@taux01.nsc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 3:45 AM
To: framers@omsys.com
Subject: Odd-Even Oddities

Hello,

For the most part, in my book files, in the Master Page Usage page, or
dialog box (Format.Page Layout.Master Page Usage), "Even" pages are
defined as "Left" and "Odd" pages are defined as "Right."

This is as it should be.

However, in files in one my books, the pages are defined in reverse:
"Even" pages are defined as "Right" and "Odd" pages are defined as "Left."

I have no idea how this happened.

In response, I manually changed the range definitions for each of the files
in the book. This worked, as expected; but when I regenerated the book with
different conditional text settings, the Even-Odd definitions reverted to
the undesired format.

In frustration, and dreading the thought of having to constantly modify the
Even-Odd page settings manually, I turn to you for help.

Is there a way for me to change the settings to the "desired" ones once and
for all? Are default settings defined somewhere else in Frame (in a dialog
box other than Master Page Usage--in the Book Settings, for example)?

Kindly advise.

Thank you,
Barry Meislin
National Semiconductor