RE: Style definitions

> Is it possible to print out a list of the styles in a template
> and the definitions/characteristics of each style?

Ananda Stevens replied:
> Get Enhance from www.sandybrook.com. It has a feature that
> gives you samples of all the formats.

I don't have Enhance, but I don't see that feature mentioned
on their web page. Does it also give the definitions?

Bill Briggs replied:
> You didn't say what platform you were working on, but if you are
> lucky enough to be working on a Mac, there is an AppleScript that
> ships with FrameMaker that will get you what you want.

And if you're lucky enough to have access to UNIX... ;-)
you can use one of my MIF scripts to print out the
definitions of each tag in human-readable form:

Usage:  mifformats  -l  -pctCvx  [-PX <property> ...]  <MIF files>

Examines the specified MIF files and checks the definitions/values
of tags/formats/variables, as they are defined in the corresponding catalog.
Definitions/values are listed in "human-readable" form, not by using
the original MIF statements. For paragraph and table tags, definitions
are prefixed with the corresponding Property name from the Designer
window. All definitions use the same names and values as can be seen
in the dialog window where the formats/tags are defined.

-pctCvx List para, char, table, condition, variable, xref formats
-P      Only list the specified Property of definitions, as shown
        in the Designer windows (can only be used with -pctC).
-X      As -P, but instead exclude the specified Property or string.

For more info, see "mifscripts" on my web page.
Note: only tested so far for FM version 4.x and 5.x, not 6.x.