RE: [OT] Proper Use of the SUBJECT Line in your Emais

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
*** If this information was useful, consider copying it to FrameUsers.

From: Solvejg Andersen
> > While we're on the subject of Subject line prefixes, there's two I see
here
> > often, but I don't know what they mean. What do "SV" and "AW" stand for?
>
> "SV" is Danish and Norwegian (and probably also Swedish) and stands for
> "Svar" which means "reply".
> "AW" is German and stands for "Antwort" which also means "reply".
>
> If you use Outlook, there is NO way to change this behaviou unless you
> change it manually in the subject line after you have clicked on the
> reply-button.

This can be corrected if you use Outlook Express v5.01 or v5.5,
and probably if you use Outlook 98 v8.5, in the following way:

1. Select Tools > Options
2. Select the "Send" tab or the "Mail Format" tab (depending on version)
3. Click the button "International Settings" or "International Options"
4. Check (turn on) "When replying to message always use English headers"
   or "Use US English for message headers on replies and forwards"

(Solvejg: check if these new options are available in your Outlook version!)