FW: Frame to Quark

Barb,

I agree with Rick's suggestions that you do your restyling in FrameMaker and
also consider going the PDF route. Your Bay-area printer's assertion about the
dearth of Frame-knowledgeable printers is nonsense. Dome Printing and
Lithography in Sacramento has done a great deal of four-color
FrameMaker-produced printing for us. They prefer native FrameMaker files, but
will also accept PDF. We have also used several other Frame-friendly printers
over the years, in California and in other states. For any who may be
interested, here's how to reach Dome:

Dome Printing, 340 Commerce Circle, Sacramento, CA 95815
Voice: 916.923.3663 - Toll Free: 800.343.3139 - Fax: 916.923.9310
http://www.domeprinting.com

>Barb said: "I have just learned from my (long-time) customer that my . . .
Frame'd user guides need to go to a Quark-using printer for re-styling to match
the company look. The printer is in the Bay area and is unfamiliar with Frame,
and claims that everyone else in the Bay area is likewise Frame-challenged.
They're asking for text files."

>Rick said: "Why not re-style the documents in FrameMaker? It's foolish to
convert the document to Quark simply to change the look of it for printing. My
suggestion is to find a printer that can handle FrameMaker files. Or, make PDFs
for the printer from your FrameMaker files."

Michael J. Hyatt
ESRI Press
380 New York Street, Redlands, CA 92373-8100
mhyatt@esri.com
http://www.esri.com/esripress