Re: Ghost of missing fonts mystery...tables

Hi Deborah,

Try this -- go into one of the files that seems to have the bad font and
create new tables, one per defined table style. Accept the defaults. Then
look at these tables to see if any of the paragraphs contain the font(s) in
question.

Frame keeps a hidden table in each document, one per table tag, that it
uses as a template when creating tables from scratch. These table
definitions include three kinds of paragraph tag (for title, cells,
headings), along with font info. Sometimes these fonts aren't present on
the current system, however, and a search of the doc won't find the hidden
table (unless you search the MIF file).

This hidden table thing is quite a handy feature, since you can modify the
defaults (getting rid of CellBody for your own paragraph tags, for example,
or standardizing the number of rows and columns). But it does lead to this
problem with fonts if you don't know about it.

Now the fix. To modify these hidden table templates using the GIU (as
opposed to MIF):

1. From the Table menu, create a new table for a given tag.

2. In the table, change size (number of rows and columns) and also make
whatever paragraph tags assignments you want -- i.e., for cells, headings,
and titles.

3. Make sure you don't have overrides in the paragraph tags used in the
table -- no font or paragraph overrides of any kind. You should have three
clean tags -- one for title, one for all headings, and one for all cells.

4. In the Table Designer, make other changes as you wish.

5. Click Update All. This updates the table tag AND the hidden template
table in the doc.

6. Repeat for all defined table tags you wish to modify.

7. For a book file, import table styles from the modified doc across the
whole book. The new definitions AND the hidden template tables overwrite
the old ones of the same name.

This info and procedure may not solve the problem, but it's one more place
to check. And the existence of the table template is good to know about, IMO.

Hope this helps,

Tom Neuburger
www.twelfthnight.com