Re: IXgen question

Deborah:

> New FrameMaker book created from legacy PDF-to-ASCII-to-FrameMaker. All
> new Frame template, new screen captures, textual changes, major layout
> changes. BUT the ASCII export does not give me the index markers, and
> the first version of the new book will go without an index.
> Now it seems that I may get the legacy FrameMaker files AFTER all the
> conversion work is done.
>
> Can IXgen...
> ...strip the index markers from one book of FrameMaker files?
> and
> ...insert them into a parallel structured but differently named set of
> Frame files?

Not in any automated way.  It might help you jump around your legacy FM
files using hyperlinking similar to the Ctrl-Alt-click method in your
compiled index, but that is all.

Personally, I would open up the corresponding legacy and revised files, use
Find to locate the Index markers in the legacy files, copy each one, and
paste it in the corresponding location in your new files.

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 5.5.6p145, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558