Re: Telecommuting (was RE: Speaking of layoffs)

Hello,

An excellent point! From my own experience, managing the sense of presence
(not just presence; the sense of presence) is the single most important
intangible in the telecommuting equation.

Many people forget this. You not only need to be present, you need to
*appear* to be present. It's possible to do the first and forget the
second; or worse, to do the first and think the second is, well,
unreasonable. It's not. IMO, it's a requirement of the situation; very high
on the list.

Best,

Tom Neuburger
www.twelfthnight.com