Re: Needed: WP viewer

----- Original Message -----
From: Smith, Avi <Avi_Smith@bmc.com>
To: Free Framers <framers@omsys.com>; FrameUsers <framers@FrameUsers.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 1:05 AM
Subject: RE: Needed: WP viewer

> Thanks to everyone who responded, both on and offline!

Hello another idea,

This is the homepage of WP2HTML
http://www.res.bbsrc.ac.uk/wp2html/
The evaluation kit is free for 30 days.

"Wp2Html is a program for converting WordPerfect and Word
files into HTML. It handles all WP versions and formats including
WP5.x, WP6,x, WP7.x and WP8.x in both DOS and Windows
versions and MS Word files or format Word97 and leter. It also
deals with UNIX WordPerfect, VAX WordPerfect and NeXt WP"

Paint Shop Pro will convert the Wordperfect graphics (.wpg)
http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp
This is a free 30 day evaluation copy(Paint Shop Pro 7)
The download is 30mb so you need a fast connection.

I tested this with Paint Shop Pro 6. There is an option to
export to .gif or .jpeg from .wpg needed for the WP2HTML.

At least you can see what the file looks like and it is easier to
convert from .html to other formats. WP2html will automatically
open the graphics converter. I think that will be assigned in
(.wpg file formats) during Paint Shop Pro installation(choices
are provided). I not sure if there is a setting for WP2html also.

Regards,
Stephen