RE: cross-platform screen shot resolutions

and Larry Kollar said:
>Yeah, ***DON'T SCALE BITMAPS***.  That way lies madness.

and went on to recommend a dpi resolution based on printer output.

I'll just note that I've been very happy using 288 dpi for my source
screen shots, no matter what the platform. 72x4=288; 96x3=288, and
PostScript laser printers since the first generation have included a 4%
scaling capability
(72 dpi not being an even divider into 300 dpi).  288 works especially
well for PDFs.

Voila!

Deborah Snavely
Document Architect, Technical Publications,
Aurigin Systems, Inc. http://www.aurigin.com/