RE: marker symbols...font kludge

The answer is .... drumroll ....

it doesn't work!

Yes, you can install the "Frame5 Font" into the Windows font directory.
That's easy as dragon-drop (or use the "install font" feature of that
folder. The font is a TrueType font. And it isn't protected against
embedding or otherwise restricted. You can then see the font via the
Character Map applet and you can otherwise create text and print with
that very limited font is almost any other application, such as Microsoft
Office applications.

HOWEVER, surprisingly enough, it is inaccessible via FrameMaker. Why?
What FrameMaker normally does is to temporarily install that font
every time it is executed. Since it is a "private" font, FrameMaker
removes it from any font list that it displays assuming that any font
named "Frame5 Font" is really useless to the FrameMaker user.

How's that for Friday afternoon news?

        - Dov

*