Re: Batching multipage PDF's into single pages

Svee, Eric wrote:
>We are working on a project that has several hundred pages of schematics
>that currently exist as PDF's.  They are grouped into 10 larger documents.
>What I would like to do is break them into single page PDF's and then export
>them out as EPS, hopefully all through Acrobat.  If need be, I could go back
>and generate single page PDF's, and then all we would need to do is batch
>export as EPS.  We have access to the latest Adobe tools (except Photoshop
>at version 5.5).  Any ideas out there?

If you have a late-maodel Mac, it should be fairly easy:

  - Use the Desktop Printer Utility to create a "Translator (PostScript)"
    printer. This is a virtual printer that just dumps to PostScript.

  - The following AppleScript will print each page in a PDF:

	tell application "Acrobat Exchange 3.0"
		tell document 1
			set n to (count PDPage)
			repeat with i from 1 to n
				print pages first i last i PS Level 1
			end repeat
		end tell
	end tell

You will probably be prompted to name each PS file in turn. You
could automate this using KeyQuencer or some other scripting tool
that gives you access to dialog box items, but I'm trying to keep
this simple[1].

At this point, you should have as many PS files as there are pages.
Converting to EPS is left as an exercise for the reader[2].

	Larry

[1] Besides, I don't have KeyQuencer.
[2] Professor-speak for "I'm too lazy to do this part." :-)