Re: Doc's Rev# to increase automatically on save

Adrian:

> Time ago I tried to have the Rev# (variable) automatically increased
> by 1 upon saving the doc.
> (something that many DOS ago "Lotus-Manuscript" made as Rev X.xxx
> incrementing the last decimal)

As far as I know there is NO FrameMaker system variable named Rev#.  Won't
the Modification Date do?  Alternatively, you might try:

@    Storing your files in Microsoft or CodeWarrior Visual SourceSafe and
checking them in each time you update them and require an incremented
revision number.
@    Creating a Rev# user-defined variable and writing a FrameScript event
script that automatically increments Rev# just before FrameMaker saves the
file -- see <http://www.framescript.com/>.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor