Re: off-topic...antiquarians

Heck,

Me mum introduced ME to my first computer in 1960. A room-sized beast
whose indicator-lit banks of paired registers led me to exclaim "oh,
it's binary!" (one of her treasured kiddie anecdotes, so I never had the
chance to forget it)

I can't say I did any work on it, in 5th grade...(that's age 9-11, for
the overseas folks, not equivalent to 5th-formers)...but she did let me
play "the game" with it...it flashed a light, and "the game" was to try
to flip a switch before it flashed the second light after a random
interval. (The IBM programmers had broken switch #1 playing "the game"
on it before ever it was delivered to the work site. We played "the
game" with switch #2.)

And after THAT ramble in reminiscence, I wish you all a fine and fancy
weekend.

Deborah Snavely
Document Architect, Technical Publications,
Aurigin Systems, Inc. http://www.aurigin.com/