Warp door to the alternative text universe (tr. 'Activating Rubi')

Framesters:

Japanese texts are able to place small characters called Rubi above the
main text.  This feature, although present in Roman and Cyrillic language
versions, is not documented.  Can anybody tell me how to enter the
alternative text universe?  This could have an application as a means of
adding commentary to a text, for example, inserting the modern-day
spellings or meanings of words in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.

I believe that the Rubi can be linked to particular words or characters,
and be left/centred/right aligned with the anchoring point.  It is possible
that letter spacing and other refinements can also be added.  CJK systems
include a floating palette for entering and adjusting Rubi -- is this also
available in Roman and Cyrillic systems?

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 5.5.6p145, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.02,
Acrobat 4.05]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558