Text Insets: What am I doing wrong?

Hi all

Platform
Windows 98, FrameMaker 6.0p405

What I've done
I've
    Created a separate Framemaker file using the same paragraph tags, page
layouts, etc. that will be used for the main document.
    Made sure that there are no extra returns or text at the end of the
file.
    Inserted a blank line in the target document and formatted it with an
anchor tag that is only 2 points high
    Inserted the text inset--everything looks great, no extra lines,
formatting is perfect.
    Updated the text inset because of changes.

My problem
    When I update the text inset I've suddenly got an extra line at the end
of the file. This wouldn't be a big deal except that this is a heading tag
with lots of space and an autonumber that inserts a specific phrase and I'm
getting a "spare" copy of the phrase at the end of the text inset.

I've tried adding several "figure anchor tags" at the end of the text inset,
adding them in the target file. But Framemaker keeps reformatting the tag
where I've inserted the text inset.

Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm missing something simple and will feel really
dumb, but I would sure appreciate any help you can give. (And yes, I tried
rooting through the Adobe tech support stuff and the archives, but after
lots and lots of messages that weren't on topic, I turned to the wisdom of
this list).

Looking forward to serving you

Jerilynne Sander, FrameMaker A.C.E.
Simply Written, Inc.
317.562.9298
www.simplywritten.com
Check our website for information on what you need to do *before* you pick
your single-sourcing tools
Next single-sourcing class is in January 2001