pasting into greek documents?

I am running win2000, Framemaker 5.5, Office 2000 with MS Proofing tools add-on.

I am trying to copy/paste some text from MS Word document into Framemaker.
Normally this won't work by merely pasting from Word,  because i leaves the pasted text as an OLE object in Framemaker
So I usuallay copy the text into notepad  - and from notepad into Framemaker. This works fine i most languages.

But not in Greek
I have the regional settings in my win2000 set to greek
The font used is a greek version Arial
Still the text appears in Framemaker as a string of ?????????.

But when I paste using the Paste special it works.
What is the difference in this instance?

Sincerely
Bjørn