Chapter numbering stalls

Framooses:

This one is driving us nuts.  Chapter 3 in a book file wants to number
itself as "Chapter 2". The file set-up has para numbering and page
numbering continuing.  I have tried Generate/Update several times and
saving the offending file as MIF then re-opening.  I have also tried
importing para formats from a known "good" file to all files in the book.
This fixed some other stalled chapter numbers but not this particular
number.

The archives suggested that a disconnected text frame with the same flow
tag as the main flow could stall the chapter numbering, but this is not the
case in the affected file.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor