Re: Chapter numbering stalls

At 12:00 PM 11/14/00 +1000, hedley_finger@myob.com.au wrote:
>Framooses:
>
>This one is driving us nuts.  Chapter 3 in a book file wants to number
>itself as "Chapter 2". The file set-up has para numbering and page
>numbering continuing.  I have tried Generate/Update several times and
>saving the offending file as MIF then re-opening.  I have also tried
>importing para formats from a known "good" file to all files in the book.
>This fixed some other stalled chapter numbers but not this particular
>number.
>
>The archives suggested that a disconnected text frame with the same flow
>tag as the main flow could stall the chapter numbering, but this is not the
>case in the affected file.

I had this happen once and after much trial and error, I found a
paragraph in the preceding chapter which was tagged with an odd format
which reset the chapter number. Someone here suggested recently that
you insert a paragraph with whatever format you use for chapter numbering
at the end of the chapter before your problem chapter--if it doesn't
increment when you stick it at the end of chapter 2, it's a problem with
chapter 2. Then move it up in chapter 2 until you find the paragraph
that is causing you problems.

--Jeanette