RE: NEW bloat in PDF file sizes....

> You are getting the bitmap in Postscript,

But the PDF file is four times the size of the Postscript
file...

I just tried another doc -- this one with 44 pages and tons of
graphics, all imported at 120 dpi...

tutorial.ps    is  7347 K
tutorial.pdf   is  6109 K
tutorial2.pdf  is  3613 K (tutorial.pdf saved w/ optimization)

This is with "generate Acrobat data" turned on. And here, the
PDF files are *smaller* than the Postscript files.

Still confused,
Ananda