Re: Adobe rep on Adobe website forum

At 8:39 PM +0200 10/24/00, Thomas Michanek wrote:

> > For what it's worth, I handed off the framemaker-feedback list to
>> QA last month to condense down and summarize. We're going to try to
>> bias our bug-fixing resources (versus new-feature resources) toward
>> items from that list, particularly focusing on usability requests.
>
>I interpret this as you're talking about bug reports, not
>enhancement requests. When Mark Hilton announced this email
>address, he clearly stated that it was to be used for
>"Product enhancement suggestions, marketing comments, and other
>general product comments", whereas
>"Reporting of specific problems (bugs) with the products should
>continue to be logged through the normal tech support channels".
>
>Have I misunderstood you or Mark?

No. framemaker-feedback is not a general bug-reporting address. It's there for enhancement requests and other feedback.

Items from the framemaker-feedback list are being added to the list of proposed changes in the next release, be they bugs, enhancements, or small features. We track them all in the same database, where items from framemaker-feedback are annotated differently than the other items in the db. But they're handled and tracked the same as bugs, so I tend to refer to them as such.

--
...Lee

: Lee Richardson       : mailto:lhr@adobe.com : +1 408.536.6412     :
: Engr Mgr, FrameMaker : Adobe Systems, Inc   : +1 408.537.5113 fax :