Re: MacOS9 strikes again

>All Mac users of FrameMaker appreciate the very quick Command-Space shortcut
>allowing you to apply a ParaTag by typing its first letters in a
>small black box
>in the bottom bar.
>
>Well, MacOS now uses this precious shortcut to shift from one
>keyboard encoding
>to another (i.e. to Belarus, Korean, Slovak, Chinese, and sometimes but seldom
>to one's own). In fact, that utility devoted to a minority of users disturbs a
>whole range of dedicated functions. For example, Adobe's popular applications
>use that shortcut to select the zoom tool. You type a word in
>English, you zoom
>in to see what you wrote, and you go on in Chinese. The true melting pot...
>
>The real problem is that there seems to be no way to switch off that OS 9
keyboard carnival and restore our traditional shortcuts. Am I wrong?

I am happy to say you are wrong. At least in that you have to use
Command-Space. Access the Keyboard control panel, then click on
Options. If you select the check box the shortcut will become
Command-Option-Space.

If this will meet your needs, I am very glad to provide it. If it
doesn't, then you should consider Bill Briggs' suggestion.

Scott