Re: RESETTING FIGURE NUMBERING

Read my FrameMaker Autonumbering whitepaper:

          <http://www.infocon.com/autonum.pdf>

Note: this is the version 5.5.x information, but on the whole the
principles and information is absolutely correct for all versions
of FrameMaker that support autonumbering.  (Sorry -- you folks
using FrameMaker 1.x are out of luck ... ;-} )

| From: "anna langley" <alangley@ts.checkpoint.com>
| To: framers@FrameUsers.com
| Subject: RESETTING FIGURE NUMBERING
| Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:50:49 -0500
|
| Dear Frame Users:
|
| Is there a way to reset your figure numbering, so that the first figure
| starts as "1"? I know once a document is in a book (this is FM 5.5.6), you
| can update the document and restart figure numbering. But I'm wondering if
| there's a way to update figure numbering without having to include a
| document in a book file.
|
| Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
|
| Anna Langley, Courseware Developer
| Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd.
| 2505 N. Highway 360, Suite 800
| Grand Prairie, TX 75050
| (817) 606-6612 (x6599)
| (817) 606-6552 (fax)
| alangley@ts.checkpoint.com
| http://www.checkpoint.com/services/education

-- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley               |  email: LSmalley@Infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.   |  phone: (302) 239-2942
 Hockessin, DE  USA 19707-0310   |  fax:   (302) 239-1712