Re: Conditional settings for graphics to show / not show

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 09:54:23 -0700 , "Callaway, Rebecca"
<rebecca.callaway@honeywell.com> wrote:

>Esp. those who have MIF2GO....

That would be us... <g>

>We would like to set up what I have seen recommended on this list;
>specifically, a conditional setting on imported graphics so that when
>exported to RTF, the graphics are removed from the process.

"Recommended"??  To what purpose?

>Not having used conditional text that much, here's my question:
>
>Do you have to go thru and set each graphic's condition individually?  Or is
>there a way to set up it up as a global On/Off operation as part of a style?

With conditional text, you'd have to select each frame anchor
individually, and apply the condition.

>We have our graphics in single cell tables.  I would like to keep the table,
>so that that the caption is preserved, and apply the condition to the anchor
>inside the table.

This is an excellent example of something that we can do very
easily in Mif2Go, but that would be a major PITA for users.
In fact, it's so easy for us (six lines of code) that we've
already done it for you, with a new mif2rtf.ini setting:

 [Graphics]
 ; RemoveGraphics = No (default) or Yes (strip all graphics from doc)
 RemoveGraphics=Yes

We'll send you the updated .dll in the next post, so we don't
inflict it on the entire list.  ;-)

Now that you have what you asked for... *why* do you want it?
Just curious...

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/