RE: Tabloid Style?

Tabloid Style?Date: 28 Sep 2000 12:48:23 -0600
Hello, Christina,

What you want is called page imposition. It's usually expensive pre-press
software (four figures and up). PageMaker (back at version 4.2) had a
plug-in that let you do this from the app for $99. Unfortunately, no one's
ever written such for Frame.

I've done it the hard way, by creating (for instance) a 16-page blank doc in
which the two-column "pages" have two Frame 3-style separate flows that are
NOT autoconnected, and that I hand-connected in that peculiar zig-zag flow
to print a clean (not hand-assembled) "master" for photocopied publications.
(Once assembled, I imported the actual content from the working file as a
text inset and triple-checked my pagination.)

A utility software program called ClickBooks used to exist for Windows & Mac
(the Windows version had free download trial version) that was affordable. I
never used it, but it was supposed to take your PS output and arrange pages
as you wanted. It's still around but the site I found it on was pitched to
churches and talked mostly about MS Word output.
(http://www.bluesquirrel.com/clickbook/index.html?)

A new item since last I searched is FinePrint, Windows only for multiple
versions, cheap ($20-40 per license). Might do the trick.
http://www.fineprint.com/

Found a PDF-specific imposition product on a dual-language site in Europe,
but it quoted 1500 UK pounds and that's the pre-press universe.

Good luck,
Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.

From: Christina Gideon <christina.gideon@comtech-serv.com>
Subject: Tabloid Style?

Hello all!

I have a question and I'm hoping that someone has dealt with this issue
before and will be able to help me.

For printing purposes, I need to reposition the pages of my company's
newsletter. I want the first page to face the last page, the second page
to face the next to last page, and so on. I believe the style I'm trying
to achieve is called Tabloid Style. Can anyone help me?

thanks!
Christina
- --
Christina Gideon
Information Developer, Comtech Services, Inc.
303/232-9486 ext. 123
christina.gideon@comtech-serv.com