Training manual layout help

I have a potential client who needs training manuals with the teacher stuff
on the left and the student stuff on the right. I am trying to define the
left flow as T and the right flow as S - I lack an imagination sometimes.
They want to use conditional text to create the Student book - which should
work fine. The instructor manual will have both master pages. I have not
gotten to assigning the conditional pages yet, so this is not caused by a
weird permutation of conditional text.

Problem is, the right and left pages (which are the default R/L Frame pages
with the flows assigned) are not working correctly. I am stumped. Does
anyone have an example/better idea I can peek at? I promise to delete after
I see what you are doing that is working, if that is a problem. Send it to
me offline, please.

Currently, they have all the text in the same flow, with headings forcing
text to the right or left pages. I don't think this is real maintainable and
am looking for a better way to manage it so that it is more maintainable.
They are still in Word and want to move to Frame, which I am strongly
encouraging. They have 9- to 30-meg Word files. Yikes!

This should be working and I am rather stumped...

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org