RE: Adobe PS driver question

Jim,

Your observations are indeed correct, but this isn't a variable
associated with FrameMaker 6 as opposed to FrameMaker 5.5.6.

By the way, the compression "bug" you note is fixed in the next
version of Acrobat. HOWEVER, under Windows, FrameMaker is a GDI
application and as such, grayscale images will convert to RGB
when presented to FrameMaker in any format other than EPS.
Thus, my strongest recommendation for grayscale and monochrome
image import into FrameMaker under Windows is to do such import
only via EPS. Likewise, images that MUST remain CMYK should
be imported via EPS.

        - Dov