The gray box syndrome

"Cannot display some imported graphics.
 The images will appear as gray boxes"
"At least one original filter used for graphics
 imported by reference is not available, ..."

These messages represent a FAQ that I thought would deserve a thorough
description. I have made a web page answering the following questions:
- What are the possible reasons for gray boxes?
- How does import by reference and by copy work?
- What's a graphic filter?
- What graphic file formats can give gray boxes?
- What's a facet, how can it become lost, and what's a FrameImage?
- How do you find the problem and solve it?

Whether I have succeeded is up to you to decide. Visit and read:
http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers/graphics/graybox.html

It's a bit long, but the focus is on *explaining* the problem.
Feel free to give me feedback on content, organization, language, etc.