Online manuals (was: Archaic font manual)

NOTE: Lee Richardson sent his reply to both framers mailing lists.
      This message is only posted to the Free Framers list.

From: "Lee Richardson" <lhr@Adobe.COM>
> Thomas is correct, the "Managing Fonts in UNIX" manual is rather hoary
> at this point, to the point where we decided to drop it from the FM6
> release. Unfortunately, we neglected to actually _remove_ it from the
> online doc set in the initial release of FM6.
> It's gone from later builds of the FM6 media. Apologies for any confusion.

First of all, thank you Lee for you prompt and honest reply!
However, I think the problem is much wider than this. As I have already
posted to the FM forums and directly to Adobe, nearly all online manuals
delivered with FM 6 contain errors and are poorly formatted, to a degree
that one has to question the Quality Assurance at Adobe.

I have made a web page detailing the problems and the impacts they will
have on unsuspecting readers. Anyone who's interested may visit:
http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers/adobe/fm6online.html

Lee, I have the following questions:
* have all online manuals been replaced or deleted from later builds of FM6?
* have UNIX customers been informed of the problems in the font manual?
* will UNIX customers receive a correct and complete font manual for FM6?

If Adobe wishes to make an official statement or explanation for the mess
with the online manuals in FM6, I will consider adding it to my web page.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com   (Sweden)
  http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
  http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers
* U P D A T E D   O N   A U G U S T   1 8 *