Re: FM on Linux = install nightmare

E.A. Tacao wrote:
Then fill out the registration form and click on the "Get Serial" button.
After few moments you'll receive an e-mail with more information. Follow the
e-mail instructions to apply the license key to FM.

SH wrote:
This is a quote of step 3 from those instructions:

3.  Enter the following in fmaddlicense:

         Add registration_number user_name

where registration_number is the registration number included with these
instructions, and user_name is your user name, or the name of the user who
will own the license. The fmaddlicense program checks that you entered the
registration number correctly and then records the information in the
licenses file.

Richard Flemming disagrees with step 3 procedure:

Hopefully this message will solve most of the problems found here?

The licensing problem for me came from the misleading installation details
on the license email. I followed it to the letter, and no license could be
found......just splash, etc., and user: ashes

here's the cure:
1) mkdir fminit
2)$FMHOME/bin/fmaddlicense $HOME/fminit/licenses
3)"Please enter Company name or Site name for the license file:"

Now assign a name for the file....Any name....it does not matter!! This is
the missing step. Do not do type "Add registration_number user_name".

5)Now that you have assigned a file name you can create the license by:

Add registration_number user_name

6) Done!!!!!! Type maker.

N.b. Make sure that portmap daemon is started.

Lastly, for some unknown reason, adobe framemaker does not support 16bbp?
Why adobe? Some on my applications only work using 16bpp, so I have to
constantly change color depth.(SH:8 or 24)

SH wrote:
So Richard Flemming recommends naming the file before
Add registration_number user_name

It seems odd that only some people need to do this
but it may be worth trying.(include network services)

Root
Stephen