RE: FrameMaker 7.0 - broken record?

Hi,

> Not to sound like a broken record, but Frame MUST run on UNIX in order for
> companies such as mine (AT&T) to use it.  I am not a coder, but I don't know
> if their miraculous new "modular architecture (sic)" will port to UNIX.

I second that: FrameMaker is very good, but the best thing about it is
that it runs on Sun Solaris, our primary platform.

<broken record>
   a large disappointment is that the UNIX version, unlike the Mac/Win
   versions does not support PDF import/display so that we cannot
   standardize crossplatform on Adobe's beloved PDF...
</broken record>

We have just ditched the Documentum 4 document management system because
it does not run on UNIX clients, unlike they advertised and assured us.
We have proof that they did not even test it _once_ on Netscape/Windows,
let alone Netscape/Sun Solaris. It so buggy we gave up after 7 months.

CAUTION: Stay away from Documentum, they are FOB bigtime.

The same will happen to FrameMaker the second they no longer support
Sun Solaris.

Cas Tuyn
ASML