RE: problem printing book to Distiller

>>I've sent the files to a colleague who had no problems at all generating
>>the book and printing it to Distiller. But when she returned the files,
>>they continued to foul up as before. What's wrong with the TOC file?
>>
>If you open the TOC file in FrameMaker, do you get any messages? Like maybe
>the missing fonts message? That would prevent FrameMaker from opening and
>distilling the TOC. You would have to somehow correct that message before
>you could print the book.

Workaround for immediate purposes, if the above is your problem.

1. Open book file.
2. Open all files in book, and respond to any messages until they are.
3. From the book file, proceed.

This sort of stuff is one reason I never use the "Save as PDF" option in the
Frame print dialog; I print to a PostScript file from Frame, and then open
the PS file in Distiller. One may waste time looking to Distiller for an
answer, when a problem exists in the virtual print process from Frame to
PostScript file. By keeping the two processes separate, I save time
resolving problems.

Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.