Acrobat 4 Japanese not searchable

Title: Acrobat 4 Japanese not searchable

G'day all,

We downloaded and tested Adobe's new-ish aps102jpn.exe (the latest J PS files) yesterday (on a J NT4 operating system, with NT Service Pack 5).

Worked fine in all respects but one -- Japanese PDFs were not searchable. Did a quick check of older PDFs and found that *sometime* since our last release in November 99, we had lost the ability to search J PDFs. Hmmm.

I remember a comment from Dmitri a year or so ago about NT SP 5 doing some funny things with eastern European fonts, but can't search for it (our web server is down, again). And I can't get IT to install SP 6 without ammo.

I think we have all Distiller and print-to-PS settings correct, but I have *finally* reached the age when I know I'm not infallible...

Anyone care to jump in with some suggestions? (Hope you are enjoying your holiday in Switzerland, Dov  :-)

jjj

John Pitt, Technical Writer
Wilcom Pty Ltd
+612 9578 5100