RE: WebWorks vs. RoboHelp

Daily, Marilyn wrote:

| We currently use RoboHelp, but are getting ready to switch to
| WebWorks. I'm
| hoping that there are Frame users out there who have already made this
| switch that can help me out. I need to convince the writer that
| creates the
| help files, who has the following question:
|
| If WinHelp files are generated with WebWorks, can they then be edited in
| RoboHelp (or some other software -- Webworks would be even
| better!) so that
| they are more "help file" friendly. The goal is to end up with files that
| provide the solution to the user with a maximum 2-3 clicks. He
| uses lots of
| graphics, screen shots and links to keep the WinHelp windows very
| small and
| easy to navigate.

Using WebWorks Professional (not Standard Edition), you can produce WinHelp
source files that can be opened in RoboHELP, ForeHelp, or any other Help
Authoring Tool. But why bother? You can set up your WebWorks Publisher
template to produce the exact WinHelp output that you want, wthout ever
bringing it into another tool.

HTH ..

D.

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415.550.8367
E-mail: mailto:david@knopf.com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
RoboHELP Community Advisory Board
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer